Timothée Chalamet has revealed that Dune: Part Three will be the “eeriest” and most intense film in the trilogy so far. The actor shared the update during a special town hall event alongside Matthew McConaughey at the University of Texas at Austin.
The event brought the two actors together more than a decade after they starred in Interstellar. During the discussion, Chalamet spoke about returning as Paul Atreides and said he pushed himself further emotionally and creatively in the upcoming film.
Chalamet explained that the third movie takes a darker and more unsettling direction. He said he was “more intense” during filming and described the project as a bold creative risk. The film will continue Paul’s journey as a powerful and conflicted leader.
Director Denis Villeneuve is expected to conclude the story in a dramatic way. The movie will also see returning cast members, including Zendaya and Anya Taylor-Joy, who play key roles in the sci-fi series.
The town hall also included nostalgic moments from the making of Interstellar. Chalamet revealed he has watched the film more than 20 times and even attended a surprise private screening arranged by his girlfriend, Kylie Jenner.
McConaughey encouraged Chalamet to take creative risks and embrace challenging roles. The conversation highlighted their strong bond and shared respect for each other’s work.
Dune: Part Three is scheduled for release on December 18, 2026. With Chalamet calling it the most eerie and intense installment yet, fans are now more excited than ever to see how the epic story ends.