World News & Politics

Trump Launches Strikes on Venezuela; Claims Capture of Maduro

48
Trump 1

The United States has launched military strikes on Venezuela, targeting Caracas and other locations, after months of rising tensions. President Donald Trump claimed on Truth Social that Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro and his wife were captured.

Details of the Strikes

Reports indicate that the strikes hit key military sites, including:

  • La Carlota Airfield in central Caracas
  • Fuerte Tiuna, Venezuela’s main military base

The Venezuelan government said Miranda, Aragua, and La Guaira states were also affected. Videos circulating online show explosions across Caracas.

Trump described the operation as a joint effort with U.S. law enforcement, promising a news conference at Mar-a-Lago.

Casualties and Context

Since September 2, the US has conducted operations on boats accused of drug smuggling, reportedly killing over 110 people. The strikes on Caracas mark an escalation, moving from maritime targets to the capital city and military infrastructure.

Venezuela’s Response

The Venezuelan government condemned the attacks, calling them an attempt to seize the country’s oil and mineral resources. President Maduro declared a national emergency, while Cuba and Colombia also denounced the US actions.

Trump’s Remarks and Escalation Concerns

In October, Trump told reporters he would not seek Congress approval for military action, saying:

“I think we’re just gonna kill people… The land is going to be next.”

Maduro condemned these statements, accusing the US of fabricating a war. Earlier this week, he expressed willingness to discuss drug trafficking and oil with the US.

In Short

The US strikes on Venezuela have heightened tensions, with explosions reported in the capital and claims of Maduro’s capture. International reactions are mixed, with some countries condemning the action while the US defends it as a targeted operation against narco-terrorism.

Written by
Sazid Kabir

I've loved music and writing all my life. That's why I started this blog. In my spare time, I make music and run this blog for fellow music fans.

Stay updated with nomusica.com. Add us to your preferred sources to see our latest updates first.

Related Articles

Donald Trump with Keir Starmer
World News & Politics

UK PM’s Chief of Staff Resigns Over Epstein-Linked Mandelson Appointment

Morgan McSweeney, chief of staff to U.K. Prime Minister Keir Starmer, has...

President Bill Clinton with Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell (September 1993)
World News & Politics

Clintons Set to Testify After House Threatens Contempt Over Epstein Case

Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton have agreed to testify in a congressional...

Obama
World News & Politics

How Social Media Exaggerated Obama’s Role in Epstein Files

Claims circulating online that Barack Obama appears “like 1,000 times” in the...

Donald and Melania Trump with Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell (circa 2000)
World News & Politics

Epstein’s Secret Deals: $45 Million From Two Billionaires Revealed

Newly released Department of Justice documents show that Jeffrey Epstein received millions...