World News & Politics

US-Iran Conflict Explodes: What We Know About the Nuclear Site Strikes

39
USA vs Iran

The United States has launched airstrikes on three nuclear facilities in Iran, marking a major escalation in the conflict between Iran and Israel. President Donald Trump confirmed that the attacks were “successful,” saying the sites had been “obliterated.”

The strikes targeted Fordo, Natanz, and Isfahan—all key parts of Iran’s nuclear program. Fordo, buried deep in a mountain, required the use of powerful “bunker buster” bombs called GBU-57 Massive Ordnance Penetrators (MOPs). These 13,000kg bombs are designed to destroy deeply buried facilities.

While Trump claimed that the facilities were completely destroyed, Iran denied suffering major damage, saying the sites had been evacuated in advance. Iran’s officials called the strikes a “barbaric violation” of international law but confirmed no increase in radiation.

Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi warned of “everlasting consequences” and said Iran is considering all options for retaliation.

Shortly after the US strikes, Iran launched missiles at Israel, hitting parts of Tel Aviv and Haifa, with at least 16 people injured.

How Might Iran Respond?
Iran now faces three choices: do nothing, risking looking weak; retaliate hard with missile attacks on US targets in the Middle East; or strike later when tensions cool down. Iran could also target nearby countries seen as helping the US, which risks wider war in the region.

Political Reaction
Trump warned Iran to make peace or face “far greater” attacks. Some US politicians supported the strikes, while others criticized Trump for possibly starting a new war without approval from Congress.

Global Response
The UK supported the US, saying Iran’s nuclear program was a grave threat. The UN and European Union called for calm and renewed talks. Saudi Arabia expressed “great concern,” and Oman condemned the attack.

How Did This Start?
Tensions exploded after Israel’s surprise attack on Iranian targets on June 13, aiming to stop Iran from producing a nuclear weapon. Iran responded with hundreds of rockets and drones. The fighting has continued for over a week, leading to this sharp escalation by the US.

The conflict comes while Iran and the US were engaged in nuclear talks, now derailed by the strikes. Trump said he had given Iran two weeks to negotiate, but attacked before that deadline expired.

Written by
Sazid Kabir

I've loved music and writing all my life. That's why I started this blog. In my spare time, I make music and run this blog for fellow music fans.

Stay updated with nomusica.com. Add us to your preferred sources to see our latest updates first.

Related Articles

Donald Trump with Keir Starmer
World News & Politics

UK PM’s Chief of Staff Resigns Over Epstein-Linked Mandelson Appointment

Morgan McSweeney, chief of staff to U.K. Prime Minister Keir Starmer, has...

President Bill Clinton with Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell (September 1993)
World News & Politics

Clintons Set to Testify After House Threatens Contempt Over Epstein Case

Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton have agreed to testify in a congressional...

Obama
World News & Politics

How Social Media Exaggerated Obama’s Role in Epstein Files

Claims circulating online that Barack Obama appears “like 1,000 times” in the...

Donald and Melania Trump with Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell (circa 2000)
World News & Politics

Epstein’s Secret Deals: $45 Million From Two Billionaires Revealed

Newly released Department of Justice documents show that Jeffrey Epstein received millions...