Entertainment

Bad Bunny Lands First Lead Movie Role After Super Bowl Success

2
Bad Bunny

Bad Bunny is taking his career to the next level after landing his first leading role in a major film. The global music star is moving deeper into acting following a huge start to 2026.

Bad Bunny, whose real name is Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio, recently performed at the Super Bowl halftime show and won Album of the Year at the Grammy Awards for his album Debí Tirar Más Fotos. Now, he is set to star in the upcoming historical drama Porto Rico.

The film will be directed by René Pérez Joglar, also known as Residente, in his directorial debut. The movie will explore the history of Puerto Rico and is inspired by real events connected to the island’s past.

Bad Bunny will star alongside major Hollywood actors, including Javier Bardem, Edward Norton, and Viggo Mortensen. The project will also be produced by Oscar-winning filmmaker Alejandro G. Iñárritu.

Although this is his first lead role, Bad Bunny already has acting experience. He previously appeared in films such as Bullet Train and F9, and has also hosted Saturday Night Live.

Director René Pérez Joglar said the film is a personal project about Puerto Rico’s identity and history. He said he has dreamed of telling this story since childhood and wants the film to show the truth about his country.

Actor Edward Norton also praised the project, saying the film will combine powerful storytelling with real historical themes. He said working with Bad Bunny and Joglar will bring something unique to the screen.

Bad Bunny’s move into a lead film role marks a major step in his career, showing he is becoming a force not just in music, but also in Hollywood.

Written by
Sazid Kabir

I've loved music and writing all my life. That's why I started this blog. In my spare time, I make music and run this blog for fellow music fans.

Stay updated with nomusica.com. Add us to your preferred sources to see our latest updates first.

Related Articles

Natalie Decker with husband Derek Lemke
Entertainment

NASCAR Driver Reveals Husband Told Her to ‘Call Me When You’re 18’

NASCAR driver Natalie Decker has shared a personal story about how her...

Damon Albarn
Entertainment

Damon Albarn Sparks Backlash After Tottenham Joke on Graham Norton

Damon Albarn has faced criticism from some football fans after making a...

Kanye West at Donda 2 Listening Party
Entertainment

Kanye West Opens Up About Diddy, Virgil Abloh, and YZY Plans in Viral Leak

A leaked extended cut of Kanye West, now known as Ye, has...

Trumps Former Personal Secretary Madeleine Westerhout
Entertainment

Epstein Files Reignite Affair Claims Involving Trump and Former Secretary

Recently released Epstein-related documents have revived an unproven claim that former President...